Monday 3 September 2012

After camp...

So, I haven't been at camp for nearly a month now...unfortunately. And I haven't been in America for a week now. 
Time really does fly...


 I left camp on the 8th August and flew to Orlando with 6 friends from camp...but had to leave lots and lots of friends behind. All I can say is that it was emosh, but never, ever going to forget them and the memories that were made with them, some of them live in America and some that live in the UK.


We were all extremely nervous to go to Orlando by plane...for some of us this was the first time we had flew properly without any of our parents or somebody to help us. So when we got on the plane and it sounded like a motorbike's exhaust for the first 20 minutes we were all pretty freaked out...but we made it safely, didn't lose any limbs anyway. 

We arrived in Orlando, and our hotel was decent...just what we needed, 2 bedrooms attached with 2 double beds in each room, a bathroom, fridge and a tv...perfect? Oh and the pool was luscious. 

So throughout the 10 days we had chilling days, we went to down town Disney, magic kingdom, universal studios and had walks everywhere. Was the best 10 days ever! Weather was amazing and there were so many memories that I will never ever forget. They all had me in hysterics the whole time!

 Oh and the storms...hello! Scariest things ever, but also the funnest ;-)



Then I had to say bye to 5 more of my close friends, all of them are from the UK so it wasn't so bad...I knew I was going to see them again at some point this year. 
And I said hey to Louise and her family , I met them outside my hotel and we made our way to Tampa bay (also in Florida) Had the most lovely 6 days ever with the most amazing, kind family, angels they were! 
We went to the mall, watched a baseball game, went out for meals, went to the beach, we done all sorts. Spent our nights talking when we should have been sleeping, but it was well worth it. (thinking of it, thats probably why I'm so tired now...thanks lou!) Really felt like I could speak to her about everything and anything, and that's literally what we did...loved it!
Spending my last time in America with one of my close friends from camp was great, but when she dropped me at the airport I felt that lump in my throat where I thought I was gonna proper tear up...not only because I was going to miss her loads but because this was where I was left to do things on my own and I felt like a big girl (hahaha) 



So I checked in at Orlando airport, I was all ready to get on the plane to Newark...I DONE IT. First mission complete. Then I spent 7/8 hours at the airport waiting for my best friend to arrive. I stood with the taxi drivers waiting for Dannaka to arrive, I really should of made a sign, would of been jokes! When she arrived it felt surreal, I hadn't seen her for nearly 3 months and here she was, PRINCESS. 

So the first night, we were both very excited, but tired...we wheeled our suit cases around NYC trying to find our hotel, was hilarious. But we managed to do it. 
We checked in, me with my massive suitcase and her with her baby suitcase, went up 8 floors, the hotel was beautiful, so so cool. Unlocked the door and we both looked at each other and burst out laughing. IT WAS TINY! We could not believe it. But it was pretty cool, we both had tvs at the end of our beds (bunk bed) and we went straight out and made it too times square and back safely. 
As much as I'd love to bore you all and go through our daily schedules, I'm not going too.
But we went to times square, central park, top of the rock (amazing) 5th avenue, went shopping, central park zoo (saw a polar bear), went on the back of a bike carriage around times square, went Brooklyn bridge...we done load's and it was AMAZING, such an experience. But, sadly we had to leave...

So...
I'm back in England.
BOO!

I was ecstatic to see my friends and family, so so excited. Seeing my Dad and my brother at the airport waiting for me was so amazing, I had missed them so much...then I went and surprised my Mum at her work, she was so happy to see me, obviously the feelings were mutual, having those cuddles back in my life felt so incredible. And then my grandparents, I just loved it. Seeing them and all my friends has not warn off at all. But I just dislike England and the thought off going back to reality.
Reality meaning back to college and finding myself a job.

So there we are, that was my Summer...and I do not know any word in the dictionary to describe it. Amazing? Fabulous? An Experience? Exciting? 

                supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?

 Nuh-uh girlfriend, there are no words to describe it.


I will not be hesitating to work back at Camp Ladore next year...I will quite happily click "reapply" right now.  


Toodle-pip xo

No comments:

Post a Comment